Fantasy sports have become a mainstream entertainment across the world. With more and more people using fantasy mobile apps to place bets on their favorite teams and players. This has become a popular trend now. Thanks to the lucrative rewards and a plethora of opportunities, people are going crazy over fantasy sports. With many businesses launching fantasy apps, this market is expected to touch $48.6 billion by 2027.
Fantasy handball is relatively new to the market but it has gained immense popularity in no time. Considering the growing popularity of these fantasy sports, many app developers are now planning to build handball fantasy apps. The question is how do you develop a high-quality fantasy app? And, what features you can add to this app to make it exciting for users? If you are also wondering what your fantasy app should include, you have come to the right place. In this post, we are going to walk you through the detailed steps for developing a handball fantasy app. That grabs the attention of the audience and brings more and more people to your app. Without further ado, let’s get started.
How does it Work?
How a fantasy sports app work depends on the sports you choose. But, the basic theme remains the same. Here’s what the workflow of a fantasy sports app looks like.
- First things first, you can explore the fantasy app and check out the latest tournaments hosted by the handball leagues. Once you are done verifying your account and have completed the OTP verification, you can log in to your account and start playing.
- After selecting a game, create your fantasy handball team. It consists of 7 players and the game is played in the same way as football. Except that fantasy handball is played with hands.
- The next step is to select a captain and a vice-captain of the team
- This team can be modified whenever and however you like
- Players also get points based on their performance. The team that collects the highest number of points wins.
Process for Developing a Fantasy Handball App
As mentioned before, fantasy handball is still new to the industry and is not as popular as cricket or football. However, the process of developing a fantasy handball is quite similar to developing apps for other sports. Here’s how the process goes.
Research Your Target Market and Competitors
- Like other fantasy sports, entering the handball market is not as simple as it seems. You need to research your target audience, understand their needs, and check the history. The present records of the teams to get a better idea of how the industry is performing. You must also research your competitor’s fantasy sports app to learn about their marketing strategies, the features they have added, and the promotional tactics they are using to get their app the attention it needs.
Conduct comprehensive research on your competitors, check their user responses and evaluate their current position in the market. It might not seem that important initially, but conducting competitor research is crucial for the success of your business. This will help you outdo your competitors.
Select the Best App Developers
The app developers will determine the quality and success of the app. Check the previous customers’ experience, read reviews, check their website to learn about their experience and the previous apps they have built. Don’t hesitate to ask about the price and other factors. The right fantasy app developer knows the best technique to develop a high-quality and feature-packed mobile app that does a lot more than attract the right audience.
Select the Right Features
As you research this market, you will see how fantasy apps are loaded with a vast range of features that offer a great user experience to your customers. Before you start designing the app, note that not every great app is packed with multiple features. Of course, the more features your app has, the better the experience your customers will get, but at the same time, the unnecessary features can spoil the look of your app. It tends to look cluttered. So, make sure you research different features and add the ones that your audience needs in the fantasy handball app. If you are still not sure about the features to include in the app, here are a few suggestions you may like.
Features for Users
User Registration: Users need to register an account with the fantasy sports app using their personal identification details, such as their contact number, email ID, and other personal details.
Search: This allows your users to search for different tournaments and upcoming matches using the search feature. They can type the name of their favorite tournament to collect information about the upcoming matches or any latest news about the same.
Team Creation: Let your customers create their fantasy handball team, add their favorite players, and modify the team according to their preference.
Live Results: Shows the live results and the current status of the match, keeping each user hooked to their screens till the match is over. This feature is also called “real-time analytics”. It gives people live updates of the match.
Winner Recognition: This feature presents the list of the people who’ve won fantasy sports in order to encourage other players to try the app as well. It also shows people the total number of matches players have won.
In addition to these features, you can add a few extra functions that enable your users to customize their profile. Track their performance, join a contest, sort the search list by different categories. Track the success record of different contests they have participated in. Of course, you have the option to decide which features you’d like to add to the app and how you want to create the user interface. But, it’s best to discuss the features with a professional app developer. They will help you decide which functions are important. Do not forget to add customization features. These extra features allow your customers to make the best of the fantasy sports app.
Let’s move on to the features that go into the admin panel.
Admin Panel Features
- Dashboard: The admin can share the announcements about the latest matches, users’ scores, the contests in which you can participate, and other information about the upcoming tournaments through the dashboard.
- Analytics: Analytics show each user’s details, their score so far, the number of matches they have played and contests they have participated in, and other important details about different users.
- Geo-location: Every fantasy sports app needs a geo-location feature that asks users about their current location so that the admin can record this information to know where the majority of their audience is from. Most importantly, geo-location allows you to send push notifications to the users based on their current location.
- Customer Relationship Management: As an admin, it is your responsibility to handle customer queries efficiently. Attend to each customer and offer them a personalized experience so that they return to your app again. Integrating customer relationship management software into the fantasy handball app allows you to manage your customers effectively. You can also ask each customer to share their feedback about their experience using the app so that you can work on the app accordingly.
- User Management: This tab allows the admin to manage all user-based activities on a single platform. It includes the latest contests, tournaments, matches users are playing, the winning scores, etc. This feature allows the admin to add, edit, or delete a user’s account based on their recent activities on your app.
- Contest Management: You will update multiple contests on your app every now and then. Managing contests become easier when you have the contest management tool that allows you to create new contests, edit them, and delete the existing ones from the app in simple clicks.
- Check Earnings: With a fantasy app, you need an option for calculating the individual’s earnings. You may not get a lot of customers initially, but as your app becomes successful, it will receive more customers. You need to ensure that you are able to calculate the earnings of each user within the app.
- Report Management: This feature allows the admin to get a better idea of the progress of each player. Based on this, you can not only track the earnings of a person from the app, but it shows you detailed reports of customers’ performance, the number of games they have played so far, and whether or not they are using the streaming service, and so on.
How can You Monetize Your Fantasy Handball App?
The ultimate goal of a fantasy app developer is to make money from the app. How do you monetize it or what can you do to ensure that you are earning a stable income from the app? Let’s check out a few popular monetization options for the fantasy handball apps. You can choose a single monetization tool or as many as you want — depending on your individual needs and the audience you are targeting. Here’s how you can monetize the fantasy handball app.
The easiest and most popular form of app monetization is advertisements. You can allow companies to run their promotional ads within your app and earn a small commission for giving space to your companies for running business ads. This offers you a stable source of income. However, running ads in between the gameplay or while streaming live matches can result in a poor user experience. You can either limit these ads or create a paid plan where the ads are no longer shown.
You can organize multiple handball tournaments every few days and charge your customers a small participation fee for taking part in the tournament. Taking a small fee from each user for participating in a contest can turn into a massive amount. You should definitely give it a try.
Commission from the Winning Amount
One player may win the match, while the other one loses. You can keep a small portion of the total amount the winner has earned. Some fantasy apps charge a fixed percentage of the fee to winners. This means some part of your earnings will be deducted. The admin gets to keep this portion of your income.
These were only to name a few. There are many creative ideas for turning your fantasy handball app into a source of your full-time income. In fact, you can generate significant profits from the app given that you know the right techniques for promotion.
Cost of Fantasy Handball App Development
The total cost of a fantasy app development depends largely on the app developers you choose and several factors. For example, the type of technology used in the app, features you have selected, third-party resources, monetization models, and the list goes on. It’s important to discuss the cost with the fantasy app development company before finalizing the deal.
You should also get quotes from different app developers to get more options. Note that some developers quote a high fee for the development process, while others may charge you significantly less for adding the same functions.
The average cost of handball fantasy app development is between $30,000 and $41,000, although it may vary depending on the above-mentioned factors. As a general rule, a comprehensive app that comes loaded with an extensive range of features will cost you a considerably higher fee than other apps. Still, it makes sense to discuss the cost and other requirements of mobile app development with the developer and invest in the company that charges the lowest fee.
Fantasy handball is an excellent niche for app developers or startups looking to build a high-quality and cost-effective mobile app, consider fantasy apps. These are in high demand lately and offer a great earning potential to the makers. Monetize your app following the above in-app monetization techniques.
Click Here to Read More Article Like This.